IGC West sets schedule and keynote
The Independent Games Conference West is next week in Marina Del Rey and will be all about advice for indie studios. Chris Swain, Director of USC Games Institute, will be talking about why it’s a great time to be in game development on Friday, November 6.
Swain’s keynote, “Rise of the Indie – Why Today is a Golden Time to be an Independent Developer and Strategies for Maximizing the Impact of Your Work through Gameplay Innovation and Creative Distribution”, will be Friday, November 6, at 9:30 am in the Palisades room of the Marina Del Rey Marriott.
Other sessions will include:
• Turning your Video Games Into Reality: How to Start a Game Company
• A Group of Friends: Profit Sharing & Finding Solutions that Work
• The Ugly Truth & the Uglier Lies: Why I Work so Hard to Avoid a Job
• PR and Marketing on a Shoestring: What You Can Get For Free
• Finding a Job You Love: Where They Are & How to Find Them
The keynote on November 5 will be from Robert Ferrari, Vice President of publishing and business development at Sanrio Digital and Typhoon Games. His keynote, “Branded Social Gaming – The Convergence of Brands, Online Games and Online Communities,” will be at 9:30, November 5 in the Palisades room.
There is still time to sign up to attend the conference at: http://www.igcwest.com/. Two day attendance is $275 and one day is $165 in advance. At the door the prices go up.