By now, many if not all of you have heard about the terrible devastation that the 7.0 earthquake that hit Haiti on Tuesday has left behind. We at GamingAngels.com want to do our part, however small, to help out, and we want to ask you guys to help us. So here’s what we’re going to do.
Bidding for Saturday is CLOSED! Thanks so much everyone for your generous bids or donations. But the giveaways aren’t over. Check out Sunday’s post for more great bidding action!
Hopefully, you saw yesterday’s post, and know the basics. Due to some wonderful donations from companies like Disney Online, Capcom, PDP Gaming we’ve got some really great prizes to include in today and tomorrow’s prize packs! In addition to this: if today’s donation bid gets to $100 we’ll be adding in this fantastic Eddie Riggs statue! Due to all the cool stuff we’re adding into the prize packs, I’m starting today’s bidding at $25.
I’ll send the highest bidder an email letting them know they’ve won, and the bidder will be responsible for donating (to the charity of their choice – see below for ideas) and responding to my email with a confirmation of the donation they’ve made to an organization working on Haitian relief. We’re doing it as a bidding auction here on GA instead of somewhere like EBAY for two reasons: 1) so that whoever wins can donate to the charity of their choice and 2) a second contest! So, on top of the great grab bag each day I’ll pick one registered GA bidder or commenter at random who will be awarded a separate prize.
Prizes in the grab bag and the random daily prize could include: games (for the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS or PSP), posters, tshirts, books, DVDs, Anime, Manga, statues, plushies, board games, CCG/TCG cards/decks or other random prize closet items. The grab bag of prizes each day will be built randomly to try and match or exceed the winning bid’s dollar amount, so the more you bid, the better the grab bag of prizes gets!
So a few last notes:
- Bidding starts at $25.
- Bids must increase by at least $1
- Bidding continues in the comments to this post until midnight PST 1/16/2010.
- Winners MUST be able to prove their donation to me via email with a confirmation screenshot (for this reason, I would recommend giving through a website, and not a Text Message donation).
- Bidders on the prize pack do not need to donate until they receive confirmation via email that they’ve won.
- To be eligible for the daily prize, you do not have to bid on the grab bag prize.
- If you comment at all, with a bid, or just to cheerlead the bidding, you’ll be eligible for our random daily prize.
- This donation/contest is open to any registered member of GA, regardless of your geographic location.
- All other questions can be directed to me: firstname.lastname@example.org (please avoid asking questions in the comments so they’re open for bids and donation comments).
- Our Staff Members are welcome to bid – we want anyone who can donate to do so!
- You do not have to donate in US Dollars, but if you could at least list the USD equivalent with your bid, we’d all appreciate it.