Hey Meghan. Bidding on Friday's post is closed. if you'd like to get in on the prizes - you can bid on today's post here: http://www.gamingangels.com/2010/01/gamingangels-gamers4charity-drive-saturday/
GamingAngels’ Gamers4Haiti Charity Drive – Friday
By now, many if not all of you have heard about the terrible devastation that the 7.0 earthquake that hit Haiti on Tuesday has left behind. We at GamingAngels.com want to do our part, however small, to help out, and we want to ask you guys to help us. So here’s what we’re going to do.
–BIDDING IS CLOSED FOR THIS POST–
Please see Saturday’s post if you’d like a chance at the next prize pack!!
Today, Tomorrow and Sunday, I’ll put up one post (this is today’s) about the various organizations out there that you can use to donate to in order to help Haiti. GamingAngels.com is supplying a huge prize bag for each day and I’m going to take bids for the prize bag on each post (like an auction) with the bidding starting at $10. The higher the bid goes, the more stuff I’ll stick in the bag. The auction for that day will close at midnight PST. So, Friday at Midnight, no more bids on today’s post.
I’ll send the highest bidder an email letting them know they’ve won, and the bidder will be responsible for donating (to the charity of their choice – see below for ideas) and responding to my email with a confirmation of the donation they’ve made to an organization working on Haitian relief. We’re doing it as a bidding auction here on GA instead of somewhere like EBAY for two reasons: 1) so that whoever wins can donate to the charity of their choice and 2) a second contest! So, on top of the great grab bag each day I’ll pick one registered GA bidder or commenter at random who will be awarded a separate prize.
Prizes in the grab bag and the random daily prize could include: games (for the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS or PSP), posters, tshirts, books, DVDs, Anime, Manga, statues, plushies, board games, CCG/TCG cards/decks or other random prize closet items. The grab bag of prizes each day will be built randomly to try and match or exceed the winning bid’s dollar amount, so the more you bid, the better the grab bag of prizes gets!
So a few last notes:
- Bidding starts at $10.
- Bids must increase by at least $1
- Bidding continues in the comments to this post until midnight PST 1/15/2010.
- Winners MUST be able to prove their donation to me via email with a confirmation screenshot (for this reason, I would recommend giving through a website, and not a Text Message donation).
- Bidders on the prize pack do not need to donate until they receive confirmation via email that they’ve won.
- To be eligible for the daily prize, you do not have to bid on the grab bag prize.
- If you comment just to be eligible for the daily prize – you MUST have donated already (and be able to provide confirmation) – but you do not need to share your donation amount in your comment.
- This donation/contest is open to any registered member of GA, regardless of your geographic location.
- All other questions can be directed to me: email@example.com (please avoid asking questions in the comments so they’re open for bids and donation comments).
If you would like to donate to be eligible for the random daily prize, but aren’t sure where you can donate, there’s a whole list of great places at CNN’s Impact Your World page: http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2007/impact/ or here at Interaction.org: http://www.interaction.org/crisis-list/earthquake-haiti. If you need more information about any of the charities, you can check them out on CharityNavigator.org before donating.
*Picture from Getty Images via BBC News
—Friday’s Auction is CLOSED —
I'm a retard and didn't log in before posting that last comment.
i'll bump it to US$70 cause it's a great idea for the cause.
It is a great idea for an important cause. I'll knock it up to US $70.
(not sure how much this is in AU but it's around that point)
Knock it up another $20US... C'MON PEOPLE!
There's some wicked cool stuff in these bags, and you don't want me to get it! YOU WANT IT FOR YOURSELF!! (muahahahaha!)
I like that ya'll are doing this, it is for a good cause. Those poor people. I hope to help ya'll raise a lot for them.