The PSP-3000, AKA the most recent model that isn’t a flash-memory-only failboat (I believe this is probably a published fact, so don’t get onto me about editorializing), is getting a nice little price drop starting February 27.
This also affects the pricing of entertainment packs, which will now go for $159.99.
Maybe they’re trying to clear out stock. Or they’re just trying to get people to buy PSPs, even with the NGP on the way at some point in the not-so-distant future.
In any case, it gets a new commercial – and Marcus, our favorite little PSP spokesguy, isn’t anywhere to be seen. He is heard, though – at the very end. I guess that ad campaign’s over, then?
PlayStation also announced a new crop of games for their PSP Greatest Hits collection:
New PSP “Greatest Hits” Titles ($19.99)
- Assassin’s Creed Bloodlines (Ubisoft)
- DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (Square Enix, Inc.)
- LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
- METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER (Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.)
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
- Resistance: Retribution
- Toy Story 3: The Video Game (Disney Interactive)
New PSP “Favorites” Titles ($9.99)
- CRISIS CORE-FINAL FANTASY VII (Square Enix, Inc. )
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Capcom)
- Killzone: Liberation
- SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fire Team Bravo
- Tomb Raider Anniversary (Square Enix, Inc.)