Slash info: Now with more “WOW!”
Hello and welcome to the /info with Xalaga and Stealthy! We’ve decided to take all of your MMO news by also absorbing all WoW news instead of having the monthly State of Azeroth and /info. This will be now your one stop shop for any and all MMO news! So without further ado, let’s see what’s been going on.
Gamania Announces the Un-Fairy Tale MMORPG, Dream Drops
Based on well-known fairy tales, players can get their first look at the warped and surreal world of Dream Drops with the first in a series of just-released videos.
Dream Drops Sophie Video:
The video reveals how players will travel into an unexpected world of fairy tales. It’s not all sunshine and sparkles as players will find that the plots of these familiar stories have been thoroughly twisted. The sweetest storybook characters have changed into evil creatures beyond imagination. The official Dream Drops website and Facebook fan page are now available online, with more game details to be revealed soon.
Also they are proud to announce the North American item mall opening of its highly anticipated free-to-play zodiac-inspired social MMORPG, Lucent Heart. Everyone can now access the new item mall for unique outfits and convenience items. For a limited time Cupid Keys will be sold at a 25% discount, allowing players to be automatically matched with their friends.
Spotlight Mage: Skills, Weapons & Characteristics
helping hand when it comes to magical encounters.
As a Mage players can utilize the arcane elements of fire and ice. Or they support others and help them to succeed the gory business of epic PvP battles.
Fire and Ice relentlessly punish all who stand before the might of the Mage. As a herald of heaven, the Mage can wield the power of the elements with devastating force. Viewing the more “physical” arts as mundane, the Mage has devoted his live to learning the lore of the ancients.
Once long forgotten, the magic of old has once again awakened with a cold fury. Wielding an ability that chills the soul, the Ice Mage doesn’t think twice when facing its enemies. Ice skills can cause freezing ice and frost damage, enhanced abilities to immobilize opponents and enabling a Mage with extreme defensive spells to increase its overall survival. Its weakness is directly reflected in lower burst damage and main attack.
The Fire Mage rose from the embers of war. Melting both man and metal, the arcane art of fire turns all before it into ash. Fire skills can cause extreme burn damage, improved instant burst attacks and powerful control abilities (e.g. stuns). Its weakness lies in lower defense and limited stamina.
The tactical skills of the Mage provide special, strategically valuable abilities. The players can configure these common skills according to their preferences to develop a highly personalized character.
DragonSoul will enter open beta this summer. Players can now register for free. At the start of the beta they will be notified immediately.
Rift 1.3 released
- Free In-Game Character Transfers – Move your characters between selected shards once a week, free of charge!
- Hammerknell Raid – Our colossal 20-player raid will pit you and your Ascended comrades against Tidelord Jornaru’s unspeakable minions, new adversaries, and fearsome challenges!
- Hammerknell World Event – The forces of Water and Death will wash across the land in an attempt to claim Hammerknell. Awesome bind-on-account loot awaits the Ascended.
- Hammerknell Item Sets – Earn added benefits for collecting all the pieces in these new item sets.
- Guild Banks – We’ve heard your cries! Organize your loot in your new Guild Bank.
- More Wardrobe Items – Including Hammerknell-themed items!
- Twisted Artifacts – Go in quest of new artifact collections from beyond the planes. If you have obtained Omen Sight or Quantum Sight abilities, these rare and special items are yours to discover.
- Open-World PvP Quests – New level-50 daily quests that grant favor rewards have been added. Visit Thedeor’s Circle in Sanctum or the Catari Command Center in Meridian to learn more!
The Lord of the Rings Online™: Rise of Isengard™
Explore Three New Regions! — The time has come for you to turn eastward, toward the vale of Isengard. Where ancient forests once flourished, a corrupted waste of metal and wheels suffers under the thrall of the traitorous wizard Saruman. Here, in the shadows of the tower of Orthanc, gathers an army of Orcs and Uruk-hai, toiling to make ready for war. Forge ahead into these devastated lands and uncover new quests, skills, and traits as you strive to thwart Saruman’s ambition.
- Dunland – Adventure amidst the bright forests in the foothills of the southern Misty Mountains. Beware the Dunland Clans, rugged warriors tempted by the dark promise of power.
- Gap of Rohan – Battle over the legendary pass between Eriador and the plane of Rohan. This key strategic point must be defended against the ambitions of Sauron.
- Isengard – Explore Orthanc, one of the iconic Two Towers as it rises over the once beautiful Isengard valley. The once beautiful vale now desecrated beyond imagination by the Wizard Saruman the betrayer.
Advance to Level 75!
- Face new challenges and continue to forge your own legend in Middle-earth with all-new epic quests, skills, and deeds as you fight new enemies on your journey to level 75!
Master the Legendary New 24-Player Raid!
- Face the ancient evil of Draigoch, one of the most powerful creatures in Middle-earth! Prepare for the ultimate challenge where nothing less than the strength of an entire force of 24 heroes stands the chance of victory.
Battle of the Immortals unveils Titan content update:
Battle of the Immortals becomes even more epic with the Titan content update, which features huge monsters and even bigger bosses,” said Thang Phan, Product Manager for Battle of the Immortals. “We’re expanding the in-game world with two new maps, new pets, epic soul gears for each class, and players will be able to take on Kronos, the King of Gods, himself for pieces of new Soul Gear.”
The Battle of the Immortals Titan content update will include the following features:
- Giant Kingdom and Black Dragon Lair maps – Explore new areas filled with new monsters and bosses
- Titan Throne dungeon – Challenge the King of Gods, Kronos, himself and be handsomely rewarded with pieces of the new Soul Gear equipment sets
- Greater, stronger pets – Venture through Rainbow Valley to the Ancient Beast Island and capture more powerful pets with higher levels
- Primal Soul Gear – Obtain primal Soul Gear with additional skill and gear attributes
- Gear re-forge system – Re-forge gear using Titan’s Glow from fallen monsters in the Titan Thrown or Black Dragon Lair
- Gain new powers – If great powers come with great responsibilities, players will be even more responsible with new character stats
Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a wholly owned US subsidiary of Perfect World Co. announced today that its martial arts inspired MMO, Jade Dynasty, will be celebrating its two year anniversary. Since launching in 2009, Jade Dynasty has opened new servers in North America and Europe, providing service in English, German and French languages. With more than two million characters created, find out more about Jade Dynasty and the various promotions and events taking place during its anniversary week (June 15 – 22) at http://jd.perfectworld.com/
Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited
Update 10: Reign of Madness
Update 10 follows the story that began in Update 9 and brings you face to face with personified madness, old acquaintances, and unlikely new allies. The Reign of Madness Adventure Pack will test your skill with a blade, the deftness of your spell-casting, and your very sanity. Will you prove yourself to be the savior of Stormreach or will you fall victim to the forces that threaten to unravel the city from within?
Return to the Sleeping Spell Inn and help a familiar but inept apprentice who has placed Eberron into grave danger. Follow the trail of a powerful, missing scepter and endeavor to reclaim it before it can fall into the wrong hands. Along the way, you will encounter the increasingly strange creatures and events. Has the scepter found a new wielder from the Plane of Madness or is an even more dangerous force at play?
The tables have turned in this foray into the Insane Asylum of Stormreach where you must protect sane patients from being administered some bad medicine. Navigate the twisting corridors of the asylum and successfully weather the madness of Xoriat before it overruns the city!
The Lord of Stone
When the Lord of Eyes breaks free of his imprisonment in Khyber it falls to you to see him returned. Venture into the depths of Khyber to enlist the aid of the Lord of Eye’s arch-rival, the Lord of Stone. Wind your way through the underground realm, braving countless dangers, and reach the mad and powerful Lord of Stone before it is too late!
The Lord of Eyes
With the aid of the Lord of Stone secured, you must bring the fight to the Lord of Eyes in order to halt his invasion of Eberron. Tame the elements in order to harness the powerful technology of the magefire cannons. Make your way into the basement beneath the Tower of the Twelve and confront the Lord of Eyes before his nefarious plans can be realized!
The crafting beta continues with the introduction of unbound items which may be fashioned in the Kundarak Enclave Crafting Hall. Create shards that can be traded or auctioned to other players. Forge unbound weapons for sale or trade. Craft new items for your guild, outfit your friends, or just make a few coins for yourself. The choice is yours!
Players can now invite Real ID friends of the same faction to a 5-player normal or Heroic dungeon group, regardless of what realm their friends are on. This system is designed to make it easier for real-life friends to play together. Just open up your Friends list to see which Real ID friends are online. Click on the “Plus” button to send an invitation to a Real ID friend to join your group. You can continue to add Real ID friends to your party until the group is complete. If you cannot complete the group with Real ID friends, you are free to join the Dungeon Finder to fill in the missing roles.
Patch 4.2: Rage of the Firelands released
It’s been a few weeks since this was released but the WoW community is in full swing battling in the Firelands! A good amount of new content was rolled out this patch including a whole new area with daily quests as well as a new raid and tier. With 4.2 a new arena season started and new PvP gear was released. There is also a new Legendary Caster DPS staff that not only looks cool and has good stats but turns you into a dragon! More details can be found with the patch notes here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2993743
Personally I’ve quite enjoyed the new dailies section and how the content phases and changes as you complete the steps. The story is great, and I also enjoyed the new Thrall questline that occurs in Mount Hyjal.
WoW coming to Brazil
It seems like a long time coming, but players in Brazil will soon have their own version of WoW to play!
“One of our top priorities is ensuring that our games are easily accessible to players all around the world. By offering a fully localized version of World of Warcraft along with customer service in Brazilian Portuguese, we’re able to deliver an experience that meets our standards and the expectations of our players in Brazil,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO of Blizzard Entertainment. “We look forward to welcoming Brazilian gamers to the global World of Warcraft community, and we hope they have a great time in Azeroth.”
And players who have been playing on North American servers won’t have any problems upgrading to their own localized version:
Existing players on the North American realms will be able to download and install a free language pack to play World of Warcraft in Brazilian Portuguese. In addition, Blizzard will be creating designated Brazilian Portuguese realms as an option for players who have installed the language pack or purchased the Brazilian Portuguese game client.
You can check out the full press release here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3164065#blog