Blizzard Entertainment has announced that pre-sales for the fourth expansion set in World of Warcraft are live now. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria will be in stores and online starting September 25, 2012 but you can make sure you get a copy now. The expansion will cost $39.99 and will be available for XP/Vista/Windows 7 and Mac at the same day.
The special collector’s edition will be available for $79.99. No picture of the special collector’s edition was in the press release. For the first time there will be a Digital Deluxe version for $59.99 which contains the in-game bonus items from the Collector’s edition.
Those items in the Collector’s edition are:
– World of Warcraft In-Game Mount: Take to the skies of Azeroth astride the mystical Imperial Quilen flying mount.
– World of Warcraft In-Game Pet: Journey across Pandaria with the Lucky Quilen Cub at your side.
– StarCraft® II Battle.net® Portraits: Bring the Horde and Alliance rivalry to the far reaches of the Koprulu sector with exclusive Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar Battle.net portraits.
– Diablo® III Banner Sigil and Accent: Display your status as a hero of Pandaria with the iconic markings of World of Warcraft’s newest playable race, the pandaren.
The Collector’s Edition of Mists of Pandaria includes the full version of the game on DVD-ROM and contains the following exclusive bonus items, in addition to the in-game content from the Digital Deluxe version:
– Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-Ray: Learn about the creation of Pandaria with this two-disc set featuring over an hour of commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
– Collector’s Edition Soundtrack CD: Experience 20 orchestral pieces from Mists of Pandaria.
– The Art of Mists of Pandaria Book: Explore this 208-page hardcover tome featuring never-before-seen pieces from the expansion, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.
– Chen Stormstout Mouse Pad: Equip your desk with this special-edition mouse pad featuring the legendary pandaren brewmaster.
“Mists of Pandaria contains the biggest variety of new content we’ve ever created for a World of Warcraft expansion, with features that will appeal to new players, veterans, and everyone in between,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We’ve received a lot of great feedback from players during our most extensive beta test yet, and we hope they enjoy exploring everything Pandaria has to offer when the expansion comes out in September.”
In this expansion the new playable race are the Pandaren which has it’s own starting zone and quests. The new character class is monk and the level cap has been raised to 90.
Mists of Pandaria has a Teen ESRB rating.