It looks like Xbox Live is trying to broaden it’s base to people that use it. L’Oreal has announced today that they are launching, “The Next Level” a beauty and style destination on Xbox Live. Consumers can customize the app to fit their personal beauty and style tastes. There will be how-to videos, articles, and product interactive features in style, entertainment and beauty. Lucky Magazine and Makeup.com are teaming up with L’Oreal for the app.
Key highlights include:
- Custom utilities like a personalized event calendar, shopping list, weather-based beauty recommendations, and redemption center-where rewards earned through interaction can be traded for tangible branded offers
- Beauty product recommendations aligned with curated fashion looks
- Vast library of unique how-to content and video tutorials
- The ability to browse products, share on Facebook, and even initiate product purchase- all within the destination
- Peer-to-peer and expert-to-peer conversation forums to share tips, tricks, and opinions
First ever currency system that rewards users for interaction
“With more content and women on Xbox LIVE than ever before, we see this as a tremendous opportunity for L’Oréal USA. We wanted to connect with this rapidly growing audience and combine their passion for entertainment and beauty into one seamless personalized experience” said Esohe Omoruyi, VP Digital Marketing L’Oreal USA.
With plenty of makeup and style videos on Youtube, what are your thoughts on a specific Xbox Live App for this? My hope is that it really feels like an editorial experience and not a bunch of commercials tied together. Also, it would be nice if they actually tied into the geek culture a bit, but that is doubtful.