Raptr reveals most played games of the year
Raptr has revealed what the top played games of 2012 are according to the data they have accumulated from gamers. Basically they have taken data that indicates gamer behavior and activities, including average individual playtime, average session length, and total playtime.
The recipients of Raptr’s Most Played Awards of 2012 are:
· Most Played New Game – Borderlands 2 (Gearbox/2K Games)
· Most Played Game (Released Anytime) – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Treyarch/Activision)
· Biggest Boost from User-Generated Content – Portal 2 (Valve)
· Most Played Long-Awaited Sequel – Borderlands 2 (Gearbox/2K Games)
· No Bathroom Break – Borderlands 2 (Gearbox/2K Games)
· Most Played XBLA Game – Minecraft (4J Studios/Mojang)
· Most Played New IP – Dragon’s Dogma (Capcom)
· Most Successful Paid to Free-to-Play Game – Star Wars: The Old Republic (BioWare/EA)
Some interesting facts are that Borderlands 2 saw 200% more total playtime than Diablo III in the first month of it’s release. Star Wars: The Old Republic got a 136% increase when Bioware switched to the Free-to-play business model.
“This year’s results point out notable gameplay trends, particularly how gamers are spending time playing their favorite games,” said Dennis Fong, CEO of Raptr. “We’re seeing more time invested in games that constantly introduce new content and other community engagement activities, from console titles like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Portal 2 to MOBAs like League of Legends.”